Peripheral Nerve Numbess & Tingling Management
Conveniently located to serve Denver Metro, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs.
Functional Medicine’s Approach to Numbness and Tingling in the Hands or Feet
Numbness and tingling sensations can be an unsettling and uncomfortable experience that can significantly impact one’s quality of life. At Spire Health Pathways, we offer a functional medicine approach to treating numbness and tingling sensations that addresses the root cause of the symptoms and helps to restore optimal nerve function.
What is Numbness and Tingling?
Numbness and tingling sensations are abnormal sensations that can be experienced in various parts of the body, including the hands, feet, arms, legs, and face. These sensations are often described as a “pins and needles” feeling, and can range from mild to severe. Numbness and tingling sensations can be caused by a wide range of underlying health conditions, and it’s essential to identify the root cause to ensure effective treatment.
Numbness and Tingling Symptoms
Numbness and tingling sensations are categorized based on the location of the symptoms and the underlying cause of the symptoms. Some of the most common types of numbness and tingling sensations include:
- Peripheral Neuropathy: a condition that affects the nerves in the extremities, such as the hands and feet.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: a condition that causes numbness and tingling in the hands and fingers.
- Cervical Radiculopathy: a condition that occurs when a nerve in the neck is compressed, causing numbness and tingling sensations in the arms and hands.
- Multiple Sclerosis: a chronic autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system and can cause numbness and tingling sensations.
- Vitamin Deficiency: a deficiency in certain vitamins, such as vitamin B12, can cause numbness and tingling sensations.
The symptoms of numbness and tingling sensations can include:
- Numbness or tingling in the affected area
- Weakness in the affected area
- Burning sensation in the affected area
- Sharp pain in the affected area
- Difficulty in moving the affected area
How Numbness and Tingling Affect People
Numbness and tingling sensations can significantly affect a person’s quality of life, making it difficult to perform everyday activities and affecting sleep and mental health. The symptoms can cause discomfort, pain, and weakness, and can lead to reduced mobility and difficulty in performing daily activities.
Functional Medicine Approach to Treating Numbness and Tingling
At Spire Health Pathways, we offer a functional medicine approach to treating numbness and tingling sensations. We focus on identifying the underlying cause of the symptoms, which can include a range of factors, such as nerve compression, nutrient deficiencies, or autoimmune diseases. Our approach involves a thorough evaluation of the patient’s medical history, lifestyle factors, and symptom presentation to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Some of the functional medicine treatments that we offer for numbness and tingling sensations include:
- – Nutritional Counseling: we provide guidance on nutrient-dense food choices to support nerve health.
- – Lifestyle Changes: we recommend lifestyle modifications, such as stress reduction techniques, exercise, and adequate sleep to promote optimal nerve function.
- – Nutrient Supplementation: we recommend high-quality supplements to address any nutrient deficiencies that may be contributing to the symptoms.
- – Functional Neurology: we provide specialized techniques to support optimal nerve function and promote healing.
Potential Costs of Numbness and Tingling
The cost of treating numbness and tingling sensations varies depending on the underlying cause of the symptoms and the treatment plan developed. At Spire Health Pathways, we work with patients to develop personalized treatment plans that are tailored to their specific needs and budget. We strive to make our services affordable and accessible to everyone and accept most insurance plans.
Learn More About Our Services
Lifestyle & Environmental
Autoimmune & Allergic
Neurologic & Mental Health
Spire Health Pathways
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison